Volvo Group recrute un Chief Accountant
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Financial Control & Accounting (FCA) is the accounting department within the Volvo Group, responsible for financial compliance in all legal entities. Financial compliance is defined as meeting all statutory requirements and internal Volvo Group requirements as described in policies, directives and in Financial Policies and Procedures (FPP).
FCA secures financial compliance in all legal entities in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders through the FCA responsible person and the Chief Accountant roles. FCA also manages the local tax administration and local treasury related tasks in accordance with directions and approvals from Corporate Functions. Company Control reviews the legal entity finance and is proactive regarding risk management, funding and capitalization while securing adherence to Volvo Group Policies, directives and instructions.
The Chief Accountant role is responsible for the accounting records and their accuracy within a legal entity. The purpose of the job is to provide both internal and external parties with meaningful, accurate and timely legal entity financial information. The Chief Accountant should also ensure that the books are closed in a timely manner and according to the required quality standard set by the owner of the financial reporting process. The Chief Accountant should ensure completion of all statutory and compliance reporting for the legal entity that he/she represents. One very important part of the job is to be up to date with all the latest changes in accounting policies and reporting requirements, and to make sure these are implemented in the legal entity reporting. This will be done in close collaboration with your colleagues in India responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting for Volvo Group. There is a team of 5 Accountants and Junior Accountants who support you with your tasks.
- Ensure delivery of the complete monthly financial statements for your legal entity in the consolidation system
- Drive daily control and monitoring within all relevant accounting processes
- Ensure completion of all statutory and compliance reporting for the legal entity
- Ensure that the figures are analysed and documented according to Volvo guidelines
- Primary responsibility to coordinate and facilitate audits for the legal entity.
- Ensure compliance with internal control objectives, IFRS, local GAAP and Financial Policies and Procedures
- Support the different stakeholders throughout the entire closing process – not only within own function/organisation
- Support the Director FCA in legal entity forums/decisions regarding accounting, statutory and compliance reporting for the legal entity
- Participate in global accounting network forums on behalf of the legal entity
- Process development & alignment of local accounting processes & procedures to the principles & best practice of the AB Volvo Group globally.
Preferred educational requirements and experience:
- ACA or ACCA qualified with at least 5 years post qualification experience
- Minimum of five years of advanced experience in the field of accounting and financial reporting
- Experience of SAP Master Finance would be an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP
Preferred personal profile
A leader with strong drive and positive attitude Able to build relationships, network and teamwork with all relevant stakeholders in an international environment
Excellent communication, presentation, listening and interpersonal skills
Strong customer/partner & quality focus and a personal drive to reach the set objectives and targets
Have a holistic view with an eye for details.
Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks
Leadership characterized by high level of integrity and trust based on ethics and Volvo Values
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.